The other day, I was talking with two fellas, and they were discussing how great it is to be alive. They reminded me that sometimes we just need to stop and remember the good things in life. So, in honor of those two gentlemen, I’ve decided to do a series on some of the best feelings in the world. I’d love to hear what feelings you think are the best in the world, so please feel free to add yours to the list by commenting below, and it may even show up in part two of this series. Enjoy!
1. Freezing and then stepping into a hot shower and feeling the cold melt off from your skin.
2. Feeling supported and like someone is rooting for you to win.
3. Sitting down in a cool mountain stream on a hot summer day.
4. Someone holding open a door for you without you even asking.
5. Catching a fish and releasing said fish back into the water to swim another day.
6. Making someone so happy that they tear up a little.
7. Doing something to make a little kid smile and/or giggle.
8. Finally finishing a project that you’ve been working on for a long time.
9. Watching a student’s mental wheels turn and “get” a concept that you are teaching.
10. Dancing like nobody is watching to a catchy song. Might I suggest this one?
11. Running with wolves. (Yep, I’ve actually done this, and it was an amazing experience.)
12. Having your first inside joke with a new friend.
13. Crawling into bed and sinking down into the mattress after a long day.
14. Seeing a blue sky after having smoke-filled skies for days.
15. Wearing a new pair of sneakers for the first time.
16. When your pet looks up at you with nothing but adoration, love, and trust in their eyes.
17. Hitting the sweet spot on your golf club when you hit a golf ball on the driving range.
18. Hitting a bull’s eye when you’re doing archery.
19. When your hiccups finally stop.
20. Eating homemade pie. Okay. Any kind of pie. Pie is simply awesome no matter where it comes from. The same goes for cheesecake.